[Qgis-user] qgis 3.2 attribute table thousand separator

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Fri Jun 29 05:11:58 PDT 2018

On 06/29/2018 07:01 AM, Alessandro Pasotti wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 29, 2018 at 12:28 PM, Tobias Wendorff
> <tobias.wendorff at tu-dortmund.de
> <mailto:tobias.wendorff at tu-dortmund.de>> wrote:
>
>     Am Fr, 29.06.2018, 12:20 schrieb Alessandro Pasotti:
>     > No: not yet, for now you need to change your operating system
>     > settings but nothing prevents us to implement this as an override
>     > in the QGIS options locale section.
>
>     I've give an +1.0000E+12 on this :D
>
>     >> The new settings
>     >> are damn annoying... My FIDs look like 1.000.400 :(
>     >>
>     > This is how numbers are supposed to look in your (german?) locale.
>
>     Exactly, f.e. locale for money "1.000.000,00 Euro"
>

> I looked into this: the problem is that you can customize the group
> separator (thousands) and/or omit it completely but you cannot
> customize the decimal point without changing the whole locale (the
> locale also defines currency and other settings that are not currently
> used by QGIS).
>
> So, the best solution here would probably be:
>
> - allow the user to override system locale as a whole (same widget
> that we have for the translations)
> - add an option to omit the group separator
>
> This way you could set QGIS to have the decimal point from your locale
> or from any other locale and you could set it to omit the group
> separator, but you would not be able to choose a group separator
> different from the locale you selected.
>
> How does it sound?

What do you think about a radio button for Number formatting

 - "According to system locale"
 - "According to locale [combobox]"
 - "No formatting"

I believe the last one deserves its quick setting. I am not sure if
someone wants to omit the group separator and have a custom decimal
point, then ok.

--
Matthias Kuhn
matthias at opengis.ch <mailto:matthias at opengis.ch>