[Qgis-user] mac qgis3 binary errors

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Thu May 3 07:56:48 PDT 2018

You must make sure that that python 3 is installed before installing GDAL Complete.  Reinstall GDAL and it should work.

> On May 3, 2018, at 9:53 AM, Adam Dershowitz <dersh at alum.mit.edu> wrote:
>
> I downloaded the mac qgis3 binary.  I also installed the official python 3.6.  Whenever I first launch qgis I get a series of errors that pop up and look like this:
>
> Couldn't load plugin 'FreehandRasterGeoreferencer' due to an error when calling its classFactory() method
> ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'osgeo'
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/Applications/QGIS3.app/Contents/MacOS/../Resources/python/qgis/utils.py", line 336, in startPlugin
>     plugins[packageName] = package.classFactory(iface)
>   File "/Users/adershowitz/Library/Application Support/QGIS/QGIS3/profiles/default/python/plugins/FreehandRasterGeoreferencer/__init__.py", line 24, in classFactory
>     from .freehandrastergeoreferencer import FreehandRasterGeoreferencer
>   File "/Applications/QGIS3.app/Contents/MacOS/../Resources/python/qgis/utils.py", line 664, in _import
>     mod = _builtin_import(name, globals, locals, fromlist, level)
>   File "/Users/adershowitz/Library/Application Support/QGIS/QGIS3/profiles/default/python/plugins/FreehandRasterGeoreferencer/freehandrastergeoreferencer.py", line 20, in
>     from .freehandrastergeoreferencer_layer import (
>   File "/Applications/QGIS3.app/Contents/MacOS/../Resources/python/qgis/utils.py", line 664, in _import
>     mod = _builtin_import(name, globals, locals, fromlist, level)
>   File "/Users/adershowitz/Library/Application Support/QGIS/QGIS3/profiles/default/python/plugins/FreehandRasterGeoreferencer/freehandrastergeoreferencer_layer.py", line 16, in
>     from osgeo import gdal
>   File "/Applications/QGIS3.app/Contents/MacOS/../Resources/python/qgis/utils.py", line 664, in _import
>     mod = _builtin_import(name, globals, locals, fromlist, level)
> ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'osgeo'
>
> Python version: 3.6.5 (v3.6.5:f59c0932b4, Mar 28 2018, 03:03:55) [GCC 4.2.1 (Apple Inc. build 5666) (dot 3)]
> QGIS version: 3.0.2-Girona Girona, exported
> Python Path:
>
> /Applications/QGIS3.app/Contents/MacOS/../Resources/python
> /Users/adershowitz/Library/Application Support/QGIS/QGIS3/profiles/default/python
> /Users/adershowitz/Library/Application Support/QGIS/QGIS3/profiles/default/python/plugins
> /Applications/QGIS3.app/Contents/MacOS/../Resources/python/plugins
> /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.6/lib/python36.zip
> /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.6/lib/python3.6
> /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.6/lib/python3.6/lib-dynload
> /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.6/lib/python3.6/site-packages
> /Users/adershowitz/Library/Application Support/QGIS/QGIS3/profiles/default/python
>

> Then three more:
>
> Couldn't load plugin 'profiletool' due to an error when calling its classFactory() method
> ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'numpy'
>

> Couldn't load plugin 'processing'
> ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'psycopg2'
> [...]

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"We can die but once, and that once we must die.  To be always fearing, then, would not avert it, and would make life miserable."

- Tarzan, on death