[Qgis-user] [Inquiry]: Loading thermal image in QGIS

Eunice Renovalles emrenovalles at gmail.com
Mon May 21 23:49:21 PDT 2018

Good day!

I am a new to using QGIS 2.18.19 (I also have QGIS 3.0.3) and I use this
program for a project involving thermal image processing. My thermal images
were acquired using Flir Vue Pro R camera. My aim was to recolor the image
based on its temperature.

I initially tried loading the thermal image in QGIS; however, the
thermal/radiometric data was gone when I used Identify Features tool, and
instead showed the RGB value per pixel.

I would like to inquire if it is possible to process thermal image in QGIS
and how to retain the thermal data upon loading it in the software. I am
able to extract the csv file thermal data of the image if ever it is needed.

Your reply would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Eunice