[Qgis-user] hide vector under raster?

Bernhard Ströbl bernhard.stroebl at jena.de
Tue May 29 05:42:24 PDT 2018

Hi Tobias,
I did not really get what you want to achieve. Let me put it in my words
(this is what I understand)
1) You have a vector layer with _many_ features
2) You do not want to have it rendered because it takes so long to render
3) You want to query this layer
4) When you zoom out QGIS crashes when using the no symbols renderer

Questions: What kind of layer is this: DataProvider? geometryType?
Which version of QGIS are you using?
Does QGIS crash when zooming out while you use a simple renderer?

Bernhard