[Qgis-user] hide vector under raster?

Tobias Wendorff tobias.wendorff at tu-dortmund.de
Tue May 29 06:00:21 PDT 2018

Hi Bernhard,

Am Di, 29.05.2018, 14:42 schrieb Bernhard Ströbl:
> 1) You have a vector layer with _many_ features

Exactly.

> 2) You do not want to have it rendered because it takes so long to render

Exactly.

> 3) You want to query this layer

Exactly.

> 4) When you zoom out QGIS crashes when using the no symbols renderer

Actually, it doesn't crash because of no symbols renderer. It just
takes so long to load the vector data that QGIS doesn't respond
anymore. When I click somewhere into QGIS after 10-15 minutes, Windows
told me that the app crashed and that I have to restart it.

> Questions: What kind of layer is this: DataProvider? geometryType?

24 shapefiles, polygon grid with 100 x 100 meters

> Which version of QGIS are you using?

QGIS3 (tested stable release and nightly)

> Does QGIS crash when zooming out while you use a simple renderer?

Same behavior: it doesn't respond after some minutes.
There's no difference between no symbols and simple renderer.

Best,
Tobias