[Qgis-user] How to properly use QGIS Symbology when working with foreignkey-linked tables

Anjo Weichbrodt anjo.weichbrodt at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 23:23:54 PDT 2018

Hi,
<qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org>

I would like to use the Symbology-Categorized feature in table properties
to organize the data representation by attributes. The column in my table
contains only the foreign-key of a linked table where the actual value is
stored. Therefor I get only the foreign-key on the Symbology as a result.

[image: enter image description here] <https://i.stack.imgur.com/woeHP.png>

As a workaround I use the Joins feature in table properties to create an
additional column with the values from the linked table.

Is there a more elegant solution to solve this?

Thanks,
Anjo