[Qgis-user] Performance of MSSQL Server with QGIS 3.4

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 15:35:58 PST 2018

On Thu, 1 Nov 2018 at 01:55, Baker, Matthew <MATTHEW_BAKER at dpsk12.org> wrote:

> Thanks again, Nyall.
>
> Re. 'only look in geometry columns' - no, we're not using this setting, nor have we ever. Is that true that pre-3.4 was using that setting? I would have imagined this is the other way around? I will see if this fix addresses this issue when it gets implemented.

Pre 3.4 browser was ALWAYS using that logic, regardless of the
connection's setting. So it would have been nice and fast, but missing
tables which weren't present in the geometry_columns tables. (Note
that QGIS automatically creates this table and populates it
automatically during certain layer creation operations)

Nyall