[Qgis-user] SVG markers with data defined override

McDonaldR McDonaldR at angus.gov.uk
Thu Nov 22 02:31:50 PST 2018

Hi List,

I've been asked to help create a QGIS project for creating layouts of temporary road signage. I have a folder of SVG files and a layer of points with the appropriate SVG file name against each point.  Using the data defined override I can display the correct sign for each point on the map.  However, there is an issue with displaying the correct SVG in the Layers Panel and the Layout legend - there is only a question mark against each sign category.

This same issue has been raised by someone else on Stackexchange here https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/300005/question-marks-in-qgis-layer-panel-when-using-svg-markers-defined-with-da?rq=1

It was also raised as an issue back in February 2015 (https://issues.qgis.org/issues/12267 and linked to https://issues.qgis.org/issues/11491 )

Is it an easy fix? What's required? Could we sponsor a fix?

Thanks

Ross

I'm running 3.5-Master on Windows 10

QGIS version

3.5.0-Master

QGIS code revision

152b1b09ff<https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/commit/152b1b09ff>

Compiled against Qt

5.11.2

Running against Qt

5.11.2

Compiled against GDAL/OGR

2.3.2

Running against GDAL/OGR

2.3.2

Compiled against GEOS

3.7.0-CAPI-1.11.0

Running against GEOS

3.7.0-CAPI-1.11.0 673b9939

PostgreSQL Client Version

9.2.4

SpatiaLite Version

4.3.0

QWT Version

6.1.3

QScintilla2 Version

2.10.8

Compiled against PROJ

520

Running against PROJ

5.2.0

This copy of QGIS writes debugging output.

This message is strictly confidential. If you have received this in error, please inform the sender and remove it from your system. If received in error you may not copy, print, forward or use it or any attachment in any way. This message is not capable of creating a legal contract or a binding representation and does not represent the views of Angus Council. Emails may be monitored for security and network management reasons. Messages containing inappropriate content may be intercepted. Angus Council does not accept any liability for any harm that may be caused to the recipient system or data on it by this message or any attachment.