[Qgis-user] Generating rivers from DEM

Nicolas Cadieux nicolas.cadieux at archeotec.ca
Mon Nov 26 05:47:52 PST 2018

Hi,

The first thing to do is to fill sink algorithm. Most importantly, do NOT save this output as a tiff.  Just leave it as a temporary file. This way, It will keep the SAGA format.

Then use this temporary layer to make the bassins and river channels. It  looks like there is a bug when saving the sink free raster as a tiff.  Results are very different in the bassin file.  If you can reproduce, tell me.  We should do a bug report.

Nicolas