[Qgis-user] Topographical survey maps

Stefan Giese Stefan.Giese at wheregroup.com
Thu Nov 29 01:11:27 PST 2018

Hi Richard,

your drone produces

  * aerial  ortho image
  * DEM

The next steps would be deriving some contour lines from the DEM (which
can be made with QGIS). Then labeling the contour lines will be a good
option (also with QGIS). Depending what your customer is willing to pay,
you can start digitizing and attributing elements of the quarry from the
aerial image, like facilities, pathways and so on (also with QGIS).
Finally you put all your layers and objects in a Map Layout, adding a
legend, a north arrow, a scalbar and so on (of course with QGIS).

hope this helps

best regards

stefan

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Stefan Giese
Projektleiter/Consultant
Where2B Konferenz 2018
13. Dezember 2018 im Universitätsclub Bonn
Anmeldung & Infos: https://where2b-conference.com/
WhereGroup GmbH & Co. KG
Schwimmbadstr. 2
79100 Freiburg