[Qgis-user] How to get Spyder IDE working with QGIS

John Walker jdkwalker21 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 17:51:28 PDT 2018

Hi, would anyone know how to configure Spyder to work with the QGIS
library? I am finding the python editor in QGIS difficult to work with
because it has no debugger and I cannot run highlighted code. I have tried
a few things:

1. created a new conda environment and installed QGIS via conda using: conda
install -c conda-forge qgis. However I get errors when trying to import
qgis.core

2. installed Spyder within OSGeo4W QGIS python instance i.e.

py3-env
python -m pip install spyder

But this gives errors in the IPython console i.e.

SyntaxError: invalid syntaxFile
"C:\OSGEO4~1\apps\Python36\lib\site.py", line 177
file=sys.stderr)

Thanks for any help.