[Qgis-user] Very Slow Table Operations in QGIS 3.2.3

Kelley Jabr kjabr at indeed.com
Wed Oct 3 09:10:36 PDT 2018

Hello,

I'm working with a geopackage on ~530k features, and just about everything
I try to do in the table takes way longer than expected.

   - Adding a field took 5 minutes (table now has 22 total fields, so not
   massive)
   - Field Calculator on ~32k selected records took 8 minutes (literally
   all I was putting in the cells was: N)
   - Field calculator on ~480k records took so many hours that I had to
   leave it running over the weekend and when I came back, the Field
   Calculator had "closed unexpectedly"

(I'm running on a linux machine with an Intel Core i7 and 32GB of memory.)

Has anyone else experience similar issues? Any advice or recommendations
for how to improve performance here?

Thank you,

--

Kelley Jabr