[Qgis-user] Very Slow Table Operations in QGIS 3.2.3

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Oct 3 12:31:29 PDT 2018

Hi,

Glad to hear that it helped to run the operations on a closed table.
Nevertheless, as Luigi said, it would make sense to submit an issue
report about this slowness.

The other thing one has to keep on mind:

The SQLite API is kind of limited. Only until recently, if you wanted to
rename a field, one had to copy the whole table with the renamed field
changed in the new table - then the old table had to be removed (all in
the background), because there was API to rename columns in SQLite. I
think with the very recent version, which is not rolled out into most
OS, this has changed. You'd also need a very recent GDAL/OGR.

Greetings,
Andreas