[Qgis-user] Qgis-user Digest, Vol 152, Issue 8

PALMIER Patrick (Responsable de groupe) - CEREMA/DTerNP/DATHa/MT Patrick.Palmier at cerema.fr
Thu Oct 4 23:21:17 PDT 2018

Hello,

I've experienced the same issue, and I've already open a bug issue too

https://issues.qgis.org/issues/19771

Even if the table view is not open, the update is much longer than in
version 2.18. The update in memory is not longer but when you want to
save on disk it takes very much time.
If you want to test, use a large table (300k o 500k rows). Update a
field with the field calculator for exemple with $length in a numeric
attibute and then commit the update on disk. Try the same operation with
Qgis 2.18 and normally you will see a big difference (unless it has been
alreay fixed in 3.2.3. I've experienced with 3.22)