[Qgis-user] Potential Bug in writing gpkg from database manager?

Michael Treglia mtreglia at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 13:00:01 PDT 2018

Hi All,

Just checking if others are observing something similar:
* I was writing data to gpkg files from a postgis database.from the
Database Manager. (e.g., select a layer from the PostGIS database and hit
the "export to file" button at the top.
* The resulting gpkg layer loses data in a column towards the left, but all
of the headings are maintained. Thus, data are shifted to the left one
column from a certain point on, and the last column has NULLs.

If writing into an existing gpkg file, dragging and dropping the layer from
the PostGIS db into the gpkg file and selecting appropriate options in the
dialogue box that pops up does not have that issue.

I'm still trying to see exactly what's going on, but figured I'd see if
this is something others are experiencing (or if it's already been
reported).

Mike