[Qgis-user] English only list or Main list?

Alex M tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Fri Oct 19 10:06:24 PDT 2018

Nicolas,

I think you raise a valid points, and that the end of the day we need to
be as welcoming as possible to the entire community. As a reminder for
some https://www.osgeo.org/code_of_conduct/

The question is how do we best address the issue? The list of alternate
language lists is good but not a complete solution. We should absolutely
offer those when responding to a non-english post, and perhaps an
explanation that English is the most common language on the list because
it's comprehended by the most subscribers, so it is most likely to get
you the most help. A lot of assumptions in that.

As a native English speaker, I actually do attempt to figure out the
posts in other languages I have some familiarity with, and try to reply
with a poorly translated response & the english response, along with a
link to a language specific list if I know one as an alternative.

Sounds like we do need to fix the website to better direct people to
other language lists if they prefer.

Any else have suggestions on how to improve this?

Thanks,
Alex