[Qgis-user] Supported versions of Geopackage

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Sun Oct 21 10:54:50 PDT 2018

On dimanche 21 octobre 2018 18:44:36 CEST Stéphane Henriod wrote:
> Dear all
>
> I have a quick question regarding the support for Geopackage.
>
> I want to prepare a few geopackages in Qgis and then serve their data as
> WMS from GeoServer. But apparently GeoServer only supports Geopackage
> version 1.2, while Geopackages created with Qgis are an older version.

Doh. What are they so strict on this ? GeoPackage 1.0, 1.1 or 1.2 are pretty
similar, just bringing up more capabilities. So a v1.2 reader should be able
to handle previous versions without effort.

> Consequence: my layers are not recognized by GeoServer.
>
> Is this a known problem or is there a trick that I am missing?

If you upgrade to latest OSGeo4W with GDAL 2.3.2, it will create Geopackage
v1.2 by default
Otherwise you can use ogr2ogr to force the GPKG version

ogr2ogr out_v1.2.gpkg in.gpkg -f GPKG -dsco VERSION=1.2

Even

http://www.spatialys.com