[Qgis-user] 3d viewer

QGIS.USER qgis.user at raycar.plus.com
Tue Oct 23 11:45:49 PDT 2018

Hi Andreas,

               I wish it were that simple L  I have a GeoTiff file containing LiDAR (DEM) data that I can manipulate readily in 2D but I cannot find a way of displaying in 3D.  This option "Layer Properties" --> "3D View" does not exist for me. Under “View” I CAN create a “New 3D map view” and specify the elevation data (from the same GeoTiff file) but I cannot display anything that looks at all 3D. BTW, QGIS is 3.2.3 running on Win10 64bit. Am I completely missing some option/switch?

This is particularly annoying as I still have to use (and pay for) ESRI’s ArcScene as a way of getting good 3D images of LiDAR data L

Regards,

Ray Carpenter

Chapel Archaeology CIC