[Qgis-user] Fwd: qgis - v.vol.rst from grass

Nicolas Cadieux nicolas.cadieux at archeotec.ca
Sun Oct 28 08:34:26 PDT 2018

Hi,

This is interesting.  Basically the end result is a multi band raster, which can also be done by stacking multiple band rasters.  I don’t know anything about this v.vol.rst algorithm but it sound interesting. I do do see a problem though. Your data sets may not all like to be interpolated with a single algorithm. So unless you can modify the interpolation algorithm for each  band, you will probably end up with a bad raster data set.  The chosen algorithm must work like the phenomenon you are trying to study.

As an example, using a simple TIN to predict the weather will most likely fail as weather pattern don’t work like a TIN. Inverse distance weight would probably be better.

Nicolas