[Qgis-user] Fwd: qgis - v.vol.rst from grass

Nicolas Cadieux nicolas.cadieux at archeotec.ca
Sun Oct 28 13:51:13 PDT 2018

Hi,

The last I played with Kriging, you could only take into account the x,y, plus on variable that you call “m”.  It does not take into account any other variable like altitude (z).  As a good Kriging interpolation relies on the distribution of m on the x and y plane and that each m variable may behave differently on the variogram, I don’t see how you could do this in one shot using Kriging. You can do this with more simple algorithms like IDW, but not Kriging.

If there is a multi variable version of Kriging that I don’t know, point it to me.  I would like to read on it.

Nicolas