[Qgis-user] OSGEO4W64 installs after failed download

Reginald Reginald.Carlier at ingelmunster.be
Tue Oct 30 01:15:55 PDT 2018

Hi,

Today I noticed that there was a new version of QGIS.
I decided to update.
During the update process the installer informed me that the download was
incomplete. I choosed to try again but again it ended up incomplete so I
choosed no the second time.
I expected the installation to STOP because the download was INCOMPLETE.
But no: immediately the installer began uninstalling the existing and
working QGIS installation :-(
I ended up with a QGIS 3.4 installation without python support which I need
a lot.
This is the failure:
Problemen bij het laden van de SIP module.
Python-ondersteuning wordt uitgeschakeld.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "", line 1, in
  File "C:/OSGEO4~1/apps/qgis/./python\qgis\__init__.py", line 72, in
    from qgis.PyQt import QtCore
  File "C:/OSGEO4~1/apps/qgis/./python\qgis\PyQt\QtCore.py", line 26, in
    from PyQt5.QtCore import *
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'PyQt5.QtCore'

So I hope the devs that make the installer read this and when the download
is incomplete they show a message that says: Downloading all the needed
files failed. Try again installing later.

Regards,