[Qgis-user] Snapping points and lines in 3D

Morten Storm morten.storm at artogis.dk
Wed Oct 31 00:19:37 PDT 2018

Hi,

Following your feedback I realize that the issue in its full extent is more complicated, than I anticipated. However for a start a behaviour similar to the snapping of nodes in linestrings would be far better than just ignoring the Z value. You might argue that this isn't true snapping in 3D, but merely a transfer of the Z value when points snap in the 2D plane. Nonetheless it is what I and my users are looking for, and it would be a big improvement compared to the current state of things!

Entering the Z value manually in the vertex editor is cumbersome, error prone and not desirable at all! So if better work arounds exist, I'm all ears! :-)

Best regards,

Morten Storm