[Qgis-user] Snapping points and lines in 3D

Régis Haubourg regis.haubourg at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 10:18:41 PDT 2018

Hi,
much more than that in fact. The idea xould be to have interactive
modifiers to list all available features at a possible snapping location. Z
snapping tolerance would only be only here to help in not snapping a 2D
point if the Z value is too far away from the existing one (for instance).
The default Z value has been added as an answer to the fact that most
providers can't handle Null Z values, so that you can set it to 9999 if you
want and consider it is a no data information.
In the meantime, I realized that PostgGIS is totally able to store NaN
values for Z, M (even XY too). Shapefile definitely cannot.