[Qgis-user] copy layer to scratch

John Layt jlayt at kde.org
Sat Sep 1 12:43:13 PDT 2018

On Thu, 30 Aug 2018 at 14:02, Tobias Wendorff <
tobias.wendorff at tu-dortmund.de> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> is there a sane way to copy layers to memory? Right now, I'm using
> "Merge vector layers" for this.
>
> Best regards,
> Tobias

I took the only sane route and wrote a plugin. I'm told by my colleagues it
the single most useful piece of code I've written :-P It clones a layer to
memory or shapefile with the choice of copying all data, selected data, or
definition only (i.e. including attributes and styles). Been meaning to
clean it up submit it the the repo at some stage, but for now it's at
https://plugins.lparchaeology.com/qgis/plugins.xml and called ARK Clone.
Simply right-click on the layer and the clone option is in the pop-up menu.

John.