[Qgis-user] "Official" QGIS Web Client?

Christopher Gray cgray at graytechsoftware.com
Sun Sep 2 19:33:09 PDT 2018

I've found 3 QGIS related web clients:

QGIS Web Client (QWC1)
QGIS Web Client 2 (QWC2)
Enhanced QGIS Web Client (EQWC)

The QGIS website still references QWC1, while the QWC1 page says it is no
longer maintained and suggests QWC2. The QWC2 page lists itself as a "demo
application" which seems to suggest it is in-progress, but perhaps I am
misinterpreting this. The EQWC page looks like a functioning option but
suggests it is based on QWC1 which I understand was considered outdated...

EQWC seems to perform nicely (based on their demo maps), and has user and
guest authentication which seems very important for map access.

Anyhow, which of these is considered the current "QGIS Web Client" / most
appropriate to use at this time?

[In my specific situation, this will be my first web-client setup. I'm
preparing to setup a publicly available map for my town and a private map
for my family farm in the town (That will require authentication to
access).]

Thank you, Chris