[Qgis-user] wfs problems

Juerg Lindauer Juerg.Lindauer at sz.ch
Wed Sep 5 02:44:29 PDT 2018

Hi Jonathan

Thanks a lot for your answer.

It was really something wrong in the configuartion of the server. Now
it works fine.

Cheers,
Juerg

Message: 5
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2018 11:47:57 +0100
From: Jonathan Moules <jonathan-lists at lightpear.com>
To: qgis-user at lists.osgeo.org
Subject: Re: [Qgis-user] wfs problems

Hi Juerg,

I've looked into this and suspect the problem is actually with the
configuration of the server.

This URL gets the GetCapabilities document and works:

https://map.geo.sz.ch/main/wsgi/mapserv_proxy?REQUEST=GetCapabilities&service=wfs

If you look in the document you'll see that it's declaring the
following
URL as being for GetCapabilities:
<ows:Operation name="GetCapabilities">
<ows:DCP>
<ows:HTTP>
<ows:Get xlink:type="simple"
xlink:href="https://map.geo.sz.ch/main/mapserv?"/>
<ows:Post xlink:type="simple"
xlink:href="https://map.geo.sz.ch/main/mapserv?"/>
</ows:HTTP>
</ows:DCP>

Note the lack of "_proxy". In fact, if you search the document the
string "_proxy" doesn't appear anywhere. But if you try that declared
URL, you get a 403 - Forbidden:
https://map.geo.sz.ch/main/mapserv?REQUEST=GetCapabilities&service=wfs

So I suspect (this is a guess) that QGIS 3 is trying to ("correctly")
use the declared URLs for the services, whereas QGIS 2 was ignoring
them
and extrapolating them based on the base URL path. Which of these
options is desirable is a tricky one - there are situations whether
either work or don't.

Unfortunately the service doesn't declare any contact information to
tell the server operator to fix it. But maybe you can find an email on

their web-page.

Cheers,
Jonathan

On 29/08/2018 07:34, Juerg Lindauer wrote:
> Hi
>
> I want to connect to a wfs with QGIS 3.2.2 on Win10.
>
> http://map.geo.sz.ch/main/wsgi/mapserv_proxy?REQUEST=GetCapabilities

> When i connect to the wfs, i get the layer list.  But when i want to
> put any layer to QGIS, i get the following error message:
>
> 2018-08-24T14:32:03 WARNING DescribeFeatureType Netzwerkanfrage
schlug
> für URL IgnoreAxisOrientation='1' srsname='EPSG:3857'

typename='ms:ch.sz.a018.amtliche_vermessung.liegenschaften.grundstueck'

url='https://map.geo.sz.ch/main/wsgi/mapserv_proxy?REQUEST=GetCapabilities'

https://map.geo.sz.ch/main/mapserv?SERVICE=WFS&REQUEST=DescribeFeatureType&VERSION=2.0.0&TYPENAME=ms:ch.sz.a018.amtliche_vermessung.liegenschaften.grundstueck

> - server replied: Forbidden
>
> 2018-08-24T14:32:03 WARNING Herunterladen des Objekttyps
gescheitert: