[Qgis-user] "Official" QGIS Web Client?

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Sep 4 04:27:38 PDT 2018

Hi Chris,

QWC2 has login and authentication (since fairly recently) - it was
required for hiding away topics and layers and for enabling digitizing.
As far as I know it needs a serverside component for that. Probably
documentation did not keep up yet, about this new feature. You can ask
the Sourcepole folks about it - either Pirmin Kalberer or Sandro Mani.

As far as I know, many customers also have quite diverse and ideas what
services they want to authenticate against (LDAP, Microsoft AD, Google,
OpenID, plain password, etc.). So probably such an authentication module
on the server needs to support different authentication
providers/plugins. But I am sure that the above people can inform you
what they support.

Greetings and good luck for chosing the "best" web client that suits
your needs ;-)

Andreas