[Qgis-user] QGIS Local XYZ Tiles

Kyle kylesulek at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 08:43:01 PDT 2018

I am struggling to get file urls to work with the QGIS tiles layer. I have
followed the instructions here:

https://www.spatialbias.com/2018/02/qgis-3.0-xyz-tile-layers/

Under the URL field, I put
"file:///home/kyle/Documents/tiles/{z}/{x}/{y}.png" (without quotes)

I also set the min and max zoom levels to 3 and 8 respectively. It is worth
noting that the tile set that I am pointing at is not complete and only
covers North America.

My problem is that nothing shows up on the screen after I add the layer. Am
I missing something? Everything works correctly when I point to a online
tile server (i.e openstreetmaps).

It appears that I'm not the only one to have this issue:
https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/219118/how-to-use-qgis-tile-server-provider-with-local-tms-folder