[Qgis-user] QGIS Local XYZ Tiles

Justin Robinson jdr at spatialbias.com
Wed Sep 19 13:30:31 PDT 2018

Hi Kyle,

It looks like that's not currently possible, it still has an open request
in the tracker as well: https://issues.qgis.org/issues/16587

It probably does boil down to lack of status/content-type for file://
locations. A work around seems to be hosting with a web server of some kind
(I'm guessing even Python's http module would suffice: "python3 -m
http.server" or in python2 "python -m SimpleHTTPServer" and then
localhost:8000 by default).

Cheers,
Justin