[Qgis-user] NTV2 Grid Shits

TYlerVeinot tylerkveinot at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 04:57:07 PDT 2019

I have no need to transform from ATS77 to NAD27 but it sounds like a good
idea if one had to. I have 2 GSB Files PE7783V2.gsb from the GeoCalc
Software designed by GeoNB for PEI to transform from ATS77 to NAD83 and
NTv2.gsb which is a national gsb for going from NAD27 to NAD83. I came back
to this post because after installing QGIS3 and removing QGIS2 I lost all my
old custom CRS's that were tied into using those GSB's to transform
coordinates, and they seemed to work because the coordinates were slightly
different than if I did not have the +XYZ.gsb in the PROJ4.
I am trying to add my new gsb files directly to the srs database so that
they come up as transformation options in QGIS3. I added them to the
database table but they do not come up as options in the CRS screen. Has
anyone tried adding it directly?