[Qgis-user] DB Manager:"Load as new layer" query from point data returns invisible poylgon layer

Bernd Vogelgesang bernd.vogelgesang at gmx.de
Mon Apr 29 04:59:57 PDT 2019

Hi,

maybe I miss something obvious, but I can't manage to produce a new
point layer from a query in the DB Manager from a point dataset (First
time going this route, and very old sql-knowledge only).

The query runs fine, I see the results, but when I hit the "Load as new
layer"-button, it adds a new polygon-layer name"QueryLayer" and of
course nothing is visible.

When I create a new virtual layer and paste my query there, it works and
adds a new point layer from my query.

But it seems a bit strange that I have to produce a query, and then copy
it to another section while there is a "load as new layer"-button available.

Any hints?

Cheers,

Bernd