[Qgis-user] Adding topological vertices

Jan Hartmann j.l.h.hartmann at uva.nl
Fri Aug 9 05:35:09 PDT 2019

Hi all,

In QGIS 2 I could add a vertex on a segment shared by two polygons just
by double-clicking on that segment. When topological editing was
enabled, a new vertex was added to both polygons, and I could move them
both just by dragging.

In QGIS 3, when topological editing is enabled, moving a shared vertex
is a bit more complex. I cannot just click on that vertex and then click
on the destination location, for then only one of the shared vertices is
moved. I have to shift-drag around the vertex, then click on the
selected vertices, and only then all shared vertices are moved. No
problem with that, by the way.

The real problem is when I want to add a vertex on a shared segment.
When I double-click on that segment, a new vertex appears, but only on
one of the segments. I can move that vertex, but only one segment is
moved. The underlying segments remain in place. To move them too, I have
to create vertices on all of them, and move them all to the new
location. This *is* a problem.

Is there a solution for this? Do I overlook something?

Regards,

Jan Hartmann
Amsterdam