[Qgis-user] Advanced Digitizing - Distance ("d") metrics

Jake Tanner JakeTanner at live.com
Tue Feb 26 14:40:15 PST 2019

When I select the Advanced Digitizing tool, there are 4 variables that we can enter

d – distance
a – angle
x – x coordinate
y – y coordinate

I want to digitize a polygon using ‘feet’ as the given metric, but it doesn’t seem to allow me to change it, nor does it say what metric it is currently using.
I went into the qGis property settings to change the map distance metrics to reflect ‘feet’, but it doesn’t change the metric being used in the Advanced Digitizing tool.

Is there a way to change the Advanced Digitizing tool to reflect ‘feet’ when digitizing a polygon size?

Thanks.