[Qgis-user] geojson file permission settings

qgis-user at stripfamily.net qgis-user at stripfamily.net
Tue Feb 26 16:06:00 PST 2019

Mike Flanagan wrote:
> I use qgis2web on a Windows machine.  Am I naive to think that others cannot obtain the underlying data for this map:
> http://www.mflan.com/temp/wind/index.html
>
> If that data can be obtained I would like to know the procedure one would use to obtain it.
>
> I'm thinking my map is not geojson, but I could be wrong.

The data is stored in .js files which are listed in the index.html file.
These have to be accessible to web users in order to render the map.
Anyone reading the index.html file can immediately see the names and
subdirectory location and thus fetch the files. Or at least that's why
my quick experiment yielded.