[Qgis-user] Project files with local and remote connections to postgreSQL databases

Laurence Béchet bechet.laurence at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 16:04:47 PST 2019

Hi,

I am having a basic problem with my project files. I usually run qgis
locally, where the PostgreSQL database is. However, sometimes I need to
have these same projects run on a remote computer (where a version a
qGIS is locally installed, but the connection to the database is
remote). And then the project file 'doesn't work' because the expected
connection to the database is locally not remotely, and I have not
figured out how to modify this parameter when the project is loaded in
qGIS. My current work around is to create a specific project for the
remote computer.

However this solution is annoying when you have plenty of composers that
you lose in the process ... and playing directly in the xml project file
is a bit scary ...
Anybody would have an idea how to fix the problem?

Kind regards
Laurence Béchet
ARK IN THE PARK Volunteer Co-Ordinator
Cascades Ranger Station