[Qgis-user] Vector Affine trouble

Mike Shand Mike.Shand at glasgow.ac.uk
Sun Jan 13 07:29:41 PST 2019

Hi Rutger,

If you have successfully converted your Adobe Illustrator file into an
ESRI shapefile (using Avenza MaPublisher or DXf export ?) please first
check the quality of the linework in QGIS.  Any Illustrator vector
bezier curves will probably have been simplified to straight lines.  To
avoid the lines being too generalised use the Add Anchor Points option
in Illustrator several times if necessary to ensure the curves are
replicated by short straight line sections.

If you are using MaPublisher
<http://download.avenza.com/Downloads/Docs/MAPublisher/MP90_TutorialGuide.pdf>
there is the option to add the projection/datum.

Another alternative using Dxf format is:
http://christopherwesson.azurewebsites.net/2016/04/08/importing-vectors-from-illustrator-into-a-gis-with-georeferencing/#sthash.O3XCCqoR.dpbs

Regards,
Mike