[Qgis-user] Vector Affine trouble

Mike Shand Mike.Shand at glasgow.ac.uk
Sun Jan 13 13:56:09 PST 2019

Hi Rutger,

It would be useful to know the source for the digitised contours and the
procedure you used to create the shapefile.

You may have three options:
reference points such as grid intersections or road junctions, with this
it should be possible in QGIS to move, scale and rotate the vector
contours to fit OpenStreetMap or OS Opendata online imagery of Mull and
Iona.
2. Request someone with the QGIS plug-ins qgisAffine or VectorBender
working to do the transformation for you.
3. Request someone with ArcGIS Spatial Adjustment to do the
transformation for you.

Regards,
Mike