[Qgis-user] OpenCL Crash

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Mon Jan 14 23:02:26 PST 2019

On 1/15/19 3:50 AM, Nicolas Cadieux wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Activating OpenCL in QGIS 3.4.3 causes a Qgis crash (Settings -> Options
> -> Acceleration -> Enable OpenCL acceleration = crash.  I am on Windows
> 10_64, Osgeo4W installations.   Video Card is an old GTX260 with OpenCL
> 1.0 activated (with cuda 1.0) with the latest drivers (342.01).  I also
> installed the Intel OpenCL 18.1 Runtime for my CPU i7 6800K in case the
> problem was with the old GPU.  The Acceleration windows is blank below
> the "the following OpenCL devices were found on this system...". Maybe
> that is only because "Enable OpenCL Acceleration" box is not clicked?
> This issue is closed in bug report 20363.
> https://issues.qgis.org/issues/20363.  I added my feedback to the thread.
>
> Does anyone have any Idea how to trouble shoot this?

See
https://qgis.org/en/site/getinvolved/development/bugreporting.html#log-output-on-windows

In short: install package qgis-dev (nightly build) and download DebugView.

Works with me here, no crash (Debian Buster):

Type: GPU
Name: Intel(R) HD Graphics Kabylake Desktop GT1.5
Vendor: Intel
Profile: FULL_PROFILE
Version: OpenCL 2.0 beignet 1.3
Image support: True
Max image2d width: 8192
Max image2d height: 8192
Max mem alloc size: 3221225472

You could

About crashes... anybody can confirm this one (non opencl but 3D/OWS
related)?

https://issues.qgis.org/issues/20981

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde