[Qgis-user] Field calculator returns incorrect $area values.

Jose Ramirez jose20293 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 03:04:55 PST 2019

Hello folks,
I will greatfull any help with the following issue,
 I did the following operation using the field calculator $area / 1000000 =4686 This area appeass correct in the ‘output preview’ When I hit ok the following  number returns .004686. I tried a lot of things. I installed and re-installed different qgis app version but the issue persist. I turned off the fly, My units are km2 and meters. I am using  WGS84 UTM 19N in both, proyect and layer. The problem persist.
I am using QGIS 3.4.4 right now.
Sent from my iPhone