[Qgis-user] Featured plugins: nominations

DelazJ delazj at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 04:54:12 PST 2019

Hi Paolo,

Thanks for raising this.
I remember a previous discussion about what a "featured plugin" is and
ended up that it's somehow subjective.
So here are my subjective (but not complete as some are already mentioned)
list of plugins that really help me in my daily work:
- RefFunctions <https://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/refFunctions/>: It has
some spatial functions that really help to link features from different
layers, in a different and imho simpler logic than default relations
functions.
- Plugin Reloader <http://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/plugin_reloader/>: A
must-have for anyone that is trying to create his own plugin, great
complement for the Plugin Builder. I don't understand why it's still tagged
"experimental".
- and probably more subjective as it's mine: MapsPrinter
<http://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/MapsPrinter/>: allow to export multiple
print layouts in few clicks (without opening any). Currently you have to
open each print layout before you export it.

I can also see that in the current featured list some plugins are not
available in QGIS 3: itemBrowser, Copy canvas to clipboard, Layer board,
QuickFinder, ScriptRunner. I guess some functions are natively covered in
v3. Wonder if, with 3.4LTR, we should not put focus on 3.x compatible
plugins and remove these ones?
Another thing is that the Plugin Builder is named Plugin Builder 3 in QGIS
3. I'm not sure this is consistent.

Regards,
Harrissou