[Qgis-user] Featured plugins: nominations

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Wed Jan 23 06:45:27 PST 2019

Hi Harrissou,
thanks for your comments. Replies below:
On 23/01/19 13:54, DelazJ wrote:

> I remember a previous discussion about what a "featured plugin" is and
> ended up that it's somehow subjective.

Confirmed - I do not see an objective way to define a plugin as Featured.

> So here are my subjective (but not complete as some are already
> mentioned) list of plugins that really help me in my daily work:
> - RefFunctions <https://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/refFunctions/>: It has
> some spatial functions that really help to link features from different
> layers, in a different and imho simpler logic than default relations
> functions.
> - Plugin Reloader <http://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/plugin_reloader/>: A
> must-have for anyone that is trying to create his own plugin, great
> complement for the Plugin Builder. I don't understand why it's still
> tagged "experimental".
> - and probably more subjective as it's mine: MapsPrinter
> <http://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/MapsPrinter/>: allow to export multiple
> print layouts in few clicks (without opening any). Currently you have to
> open each print layout before you export it.

Let's wait for more comments (mabey we could evan start a poll - Anita,
what do you think?)

> I can also see that in the current featured list some plugins are not
> available in QGIS 3: itemBrowser, Copy canvas to clipboard, Layer board,
> QuickFinder, ScriptRunner. I guess some functions are natively covered
> in v3. Wonder if, with 3.4LTR, we should not put focus on 3.x compatible
> plugins and remove these ones?

This makes sense to me. Anyone objects?

> Another thing is that the Plugin Builder is named Plugin Builder 3 in
> QGIS 3. I'm not sure this is consistent.

This is true for other ported plugins too. I try to convince authors not
to duplicate, but to add a new version to the existing repo. Obviously
this is less effective for the authors with commit rights.

All the best.

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu
QGIS.ORG Chair: