[Qgis-user] Featured plugins: nominations

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 14:55:55 PST 2019

On Thu, 24 Jan 2019 at 07:47, Régis Haubourg <regis.haubourg at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
> after a few training sessions, here are the plugins I end up recommanding each time for QGIS as a corporation shared tool, where the most common and basic use case is: "pick layers, find a location, create a mask on the area, print and go do your job"
>
> - Menu from project : https://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/menu_from_project/
>
> Simply the best tool I know to create a serie of layer shortcuts, with only the burden of maintaining classical project files.

Sounds like a great idea!

> It also offers a chance to display metadatas and use restriction before picking layers in QGIS.

FYI - this is also visible in the browser panel, if you toggle on the
"i" properties display panel. In 3.6 you can also "expand" out
projects in the browser, to see their layers and structure directly
from inside browser (including metadata and layer previews when the
properties panel is opened)

Nyall