[Qgis-user] Featured plugins: nominations

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Thu Jan 24 04:07:41 PST 2019

On 1/24/19 12:19 PM, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Thanks Richard,
>
> On 24/01/19 11:08, Richard Duivenvoorde wrote:
>
>> https://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/nominatim_locator_filter/
>>
>> Also to promote the creation of other location filters, see:
>
> this opens up a question: in case of similar plugins, how to decide
> which one is featured?
> And, out of my curiosity, why there are several geocoding plugins,
> instead of merging your efforts?

Because locator filters are supposed to be separate blocks, and because
I'm not interested in Google or Swiss geocoders, and all have a special
way to handle stuff.
I created a Locator (please try it out) for Nominatim and for our
National Geocoder service. As that is where my knowledge and interests
are. Denis did one for the Swiss Geocoder and others probably for their
ones.
I think in case of Locators it is better to not pile all on one heap :-)

Regards,

Richard