[Qgis-user] River Flood modelling

Nicolas Cadieux nicolas.cadieux at archeotec.ca
Thu Jan 24 22:52:45 PST 2019

Hi,

I know it can't be that simple but I would like to model a river flood
in a mountainous area.  I am looking for something like the Saga Lake
flood module with a LiDAR derived DEM, a seed but with the possibility
to add X amount of water.  It's basically a lake and dam scenario and
you just add water and figure out where the water goes down the valley
when it goes over the dam.  Of course I can't use the normal lake flood
modules because rivers are not flat therefore I need something that
takes the downhill valley shape into consideration.  Also, I am not
looking for a simple channel network map with lines and points.  I would
like the actual polygon or raster representation of the 2D shape of the
river channel.  Can you please point me in the right direction.

Nicolas