[Qgis-user] Calculate GPS distance days daily with end of weeks

Alejandro Chamizo de Castro alechamizo at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 00:43:15 PST 2019

Dear colleagues,

I ask for help: I have a layer of points with positions of birds marked
with GPS. One of the columns is the value of the date. The analysis I would
like to make is to empirically verify that individuals move from the area
where they usually live on newspaper days, during weekends, due to hunting
in the area.
My idea is to calculate distance to points, for example, distance of all
points of the week to the average GPS value of the diary days of that week.
In theory, if the bird moves during the weekend by hunting, the distances
of the days Saturday and Sunday should be greater than those of Monday,
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
How do you come up with this? Any other alternative?

Thank you very much in advance

--
Alejandro Chamizo de Castro
+34 653681823