[Qgis-user] QGIS 3.4.4 still giving delays and “not responding” issues on Windows 10

Nicolas Cadieux nicolas.cadieux at archeotec.ca
Wed Jan 30 10:35:22 PST 2019

Hi,

I notice a very slow start up when I have certain plugins activated.  A
good example is the very interesting Canada Web Services plugin.  When
that is activated and Qgis closed, the following start up will be
very.... very slow and Qgis stalls on "Restoring loaded plugins".  The
first thing I would do is to disable all the plugins.

Another possible problem I had much earlier (around Qgis 1.8) was with
the OpenLayer Plugin.  If a project relied on this plugin, the project
would crash or slow down if opened on a computer without the plugin.  I
figure the problem was that the Qgis project was trying to open the
absent plugin or was having problems finding the WMS servers added by
the plugin.  Make sure this is not going on.  Perhaps plugins are being
activated by the project??? Developers could tell us if this  is
remotely possible.

Projects may also rely on WMS servers.  Maybe you are having trouble
with  a slow WMS servers found in your project?  Open the project file
with a txt reader like notepad++ and try to see if you have references
to wms or web-based layers.  You may see a reference to a ghost layer (
a layer that you had loaded but no longer used).  This was a problem at
some point with older versions of QGIS.

If this does not help, I would remove QGIS, destroy all associated
temporary files, plugin files, all registry keys and user profiles (for
every user on the computer including admin) and try reinstalling it.
https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/152873/how-to-completely-uninstall-and-remove-qgis-2-8-1-on-windows-vista

Nicolas