[Qgis-user] Using 3D map views with python console or in an atlas

Basques, Bob (CI-StPaul) bob.basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Mon Jul 1 06:59:50 PDT 2019

Ryan,

Probably not what you were exactly looking for, but we’ve done something like this with MapServer and ffmpeg.  the combination of these two pieces of software let you generate all sorts of things as you describe.

Here are some sample outputs:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/15c6awmbd57vw54/latest.webm?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/587w7jb2e6pew10/latest_activity.webm?dl=0
Note: Wait for this one, it’s a recording of 24hr of use of a map service.  It’s short, but doesn’t show much until 6-7 am.  It starts at midnight and chnages over the course of the day.

bobb