[Qgis-user] Working with QGIS 3 with styles stored in spatialite database

Anna Muñoz a.munyoz.b at gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 02:34:37 PDT 2019

Hello,

I am working in QGIS 3.4 with a geopackage file (SQLite database)
containing geographic information (points, lines and polygons).
In QGIS, I have defined by hand a style for every layer in geopackage
(gpkg).
It's a time consuming task so I have saved layer styles in QML file, and
also in the  GPKG  file.
When I open my GPKG file in another QGIS session it works well showing
every layer with their style.

Questions:

1. I have problems when export the styled gpkg to another gpkg.
   The output file doesn't contain the layer_styles table so the styles
definitions are lost.
   It doesn't matter if I export completely the gpkg stylized or only
selected features.
   Of course I can apply QML file but I would like to have the symbology
stored in the geopackage.

   Maybe I have to check any specific option to export the gpkg file?

2. By other hand, I defined different styles (3 or more) to the same layer
   and I saved these styles to the geopackage (they are well stored in
layers_styles table).

   When I open my gpkg file in another QGIS session, only the default style
is applied to the layer (tha's ok).
   But, loading other styles from sqlite database doesn't apply to the
layer and QGIS doesn't show any error message.

   How can I use other styles saved in gpkg?

Thank you in advance for your time !