[Qgis-user] QGIS 3 Frozen

Martin Bittens martin.bittens at gmx.de
Wed Mar 6 04:15:30 PST 2019

Hello Colleagues,

here an update about problems with the plugin manager (as described in
my previous email):

By incidence I discovered that my internet connection via the wifi
router changed from 2.4GHz to 5GHz. That means I did the download and
installation of the QGIS updates using the 5GHz connection (without any
problems). Starting QGIS and trying to open the plugin manger led to a
frozen QGIS, as already mentioned. Just because I didn't get any idea
how to solve the problem I switched the internet connection back to
2.4GHZ (remembering that in the past I always used this connection and
didn't get any problems with the plugin manager).

The result: In QGIS 3.7.0 and 3.6.0 the plugin manager is working, in
QGIS 3.4.5 I got this:

The 'Copy Report' button is greyed out, creation of a report does not work.

Can anybody give an explanation what is going on with QGIS?

I do not understand:

1.) why the use of the plugin manager is depending on the type of the
internet connection (2.4GHz/5GHz) and

2.) why QGIS 3.4.5 is crashing anyway independent if I am using a 2.4GHz
or a 5GHz connection?

Thank you for your help.

Martin