[Qgis-user] Problem with QGIS on Windows 10

Jana Michalková j.kormanikova at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 23:10:43 PDT 2019

Hello all,

I would need little help from you. One of my student has a problem with
QGIS on Windows. After the last QGIS shutdown Windows got an error message *The
code execution cannot proceed because qgis_app.dll was not found* (and
another ones see below) and he can not run QGIS from this moment. He
attempted to reinstall it, we also tried to use this tip
<https://anitagraser.com/2016/03/26/how-to-fix-the-windows-config-for-qgs-default-program/>
and this
<https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/240159/qgis-2-18-the-program-cant-start-because-qgis-app-dll-is-missing-from-your-com/247194>,
but nothing worked. It still does not complete the installation and will
not create icons on the desktop nor in the start menu. He tried to install
different qgis versions (3.6, 3.4, 2.18, 2.18, 2.14). It worked only for
version 1.xx.

PC parameters: Acer Nitro 5, OS Windows 10 Home 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel Core
i5-8300H 2.30 GHz, GeForce GTX 1050 4GB.

Where could be a problem?
Thanks in advance for any help!

Best regards
Jana

--

*Mgr. Jana Michalková, PhD.**Researcher*

*ERASMUS+ Departmental Coordinator*

Department of Geography and Applied Geoinformatics
Faculty of Humanities and Natural Sciences
University of Presov
17. novembra 1, 081 16 Presov, Slovakia